Chumi Khurana is a dynamic leader at Janssen Global Commercial Strategy Organization and Chairperson of the Eastern Pennsylvania and Delaware Chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Today, she shares her career path and philosophy of leadership. Learn fundamental skills for empowering your employees to be their best and develop their leadership skills. Hear how the culture and vision of your workplace play an intricate role in aspiring employees. Don’t miss this episode of Leading Minds.
In This Episode, We Cover:
- [03:14] Chumi Khurana discusses the journey that took her to her current position.
- [06:28] She outlines how her department interacts with other departments at Janssen and the process of bringing new products to the marketplace.
- [12:10] Educating the consumer and giving them access to information.
- [16:23] Chumi leads by knowing her employees’ strengths and weaknesses and capitalizing on those.
- [18:28] Balancing your profession, family, and free time to be successful in all areas of your life.
- [25:00] Chumi answers Jasmeet’s rapid-fire questions.
- The culture and vision of the workplace are critical in establishing a healthy work environment. Employees will follow your leadership when you listen and inspire them.
- Working part-time is not a death sentence to a career. On the contrary, it can be the right thing to do at the right time. Make life decisions that are personally good for you and your family. Hire help for tasks you don’t enjoy.
- Career paths are a journey. Don’t be discouraged when changes come your way. Navigate those roads. They can be essential learning experiences.
A truly blended leader with equal parts empathy and strategy, Chumi is a dynamic senior executive with an extensive track record of success in the pharmaceutical industry. Currently, she is Vice President US sales & marketing for Solid Tumors at Janssen. Ealier, she was the head of commercial disease area stronghold for Prostate Cancer in the Janssen global commercial strategy organization. She has led her team in their development and execution of the global and commercial strategy for portfolio of both late stage and early pipeline compounds.
Chumi has established a strong history of achievements in early asset strategy, global product launches, marketing, sales and leadership development at large pharma companies such as Janssen, BMS and GSK. She has over 20 years of experience in multiple therapeutic areas, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease and oncology where she demonstrated her agility across functions and geographies with experience in both new product planning and driving in-line business.
In addition to her business acumen, Chumi is passionate about people and culture. Currently she leads the Janssen DAS Leaders Forum with a focus on talent development, competency building, commercial innovation and best practice sharing in their Global Commercial Strategy Organization. Chumi continues giving back to her community as the Board Chair of the Eastern Pennsylvania and Delaware Chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. She earned an MBA from Temple University and received her bachelor’s degree from the International Management School in Germany. If all of that was not enough, Chumi is bilingual in English and German and also speaks French and Spanish.
She lives in Centre City Philadelphia with her husband, and they are the proud parents of a college freshman and a high school freshman.
Chumi Khurana on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/chumi-khurana-7bb9894/
Chumi Khurana on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chumi.khurana
Chumi Khurana on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChumiKhurana
Axtria on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/axtria/