Episode 16: How Life Sciences Companies Can Enable Experiences to Meet Expectations of the Connected Consumer
In this episode of the Life Sciences Leadership Podcast, Rita Sharma, General Manager and Vice President of International Growth for Healthcare and Life Sciences at Salesforce, talks about how life sciences companies can enable experiences to meet the expectations of connected consumers.
We dive into how the life sciences industry is changing and evolving – from the focus on healthcare providers to the shift on the end consumer and the role of the COVID pandemic in bringing about this change. Tune in as Rita also shares key findings from Salesforce Research’s Connected Healthcare Consumer Report, which focuses on providing insights into what consumers expect from healthcare and life sciences companies and a lot more.
In This Episode, We Cover:
- [03:09] – Why the life sciences industry, which has long been focused on healthcare providers, is witnessing a shift to the end consumer.
- [05:39] – Rita shares key findings from Salesforce Research’s Connected Healthcare Consumer Report, providing insights into what consumers expect from healthcare and life sciences companies.
- [07:36] – Massive shifts in the industry caused by the COVID-19 pandemic; the pandemic has created an amazing opportunity for pharma companies to build a trusted relationship with consumers.
- [14:32] – The role that data and analytics play in enabling customer experience.
- [17:04] – The value vertical software brings that is built specifically for the life sciences industry.
- Consumer expectations from life sciences companies are on the rise, and they are not currently being met.
- Pharma and med-tech companies are making efforts to innovate in how they connect with patients as consumers.
- Data and applications will facilitate the ability to scale consumer centricity globally.
Rita Sharma is the General Manager and Vice President of International Growth for Healthcare and Life Sciences at Salesforce. Previously, she was Vice President of Product Management and was the founder and architect of Health Cloud, the patient engagement platform for Healthcare and Life Sciences that is based on an innovative patient-first approach. She has more than 15 years of progressive leadership experience in healthcare, with both Fortune 500 companies and startups, and has been recognized throughout her career as an authority on creating digital health platforms and helping transform health management and delivery for patients, professionals, and health systems.
She has been recognized by Becker’s as “Top Health Leaders to Know.” Prior to Salesforce, Rita was Vice President of Product Management and Marketing at Glooko, Director of Global Strategic Marketing at LifeScan, and CEO and Co-Founder of FoundHealth.com.
Connected Healthcare Consumer Report by Salesforce Research: https://www.salesforce.com/resources/articles/trusted-healthcare/
Rita on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ritasharmanow/