Episode 17: How Life Sciences Leaders and Teams Must Evolve to Build a Data-Driven Organization
In this episode, we are joined by Bharti Rai, an accomplished and versatile leader with 25 years of experience in healthcare and Big 4 management consulting. She has been at the forefront of strategy, business, and digital transformations to champion data-driven decision-making and customer-centricity with a dynamic and collaborative leadership style. We discuss the biggest challenges for pharma and life sciences companies during commercial transformation and the consequences for companies who refuse to evolve. Tune in as Bharti shares how companies can measure their success in the commercial process and what kind of mindset companies should adopt to achieve transformation successfully.
In This Episode, We Cover:
- [02:04] What role does culture and mindset play in commercial transformation?
- [07:45] Bharti shares the four biggest digitization challenges for pharma and life sciences companies.
- [16:20] How macro-level areas must be carefully navigated when driving maturity across people, processes, and systems.
- [20:29] Measuring and tracking the success of the digitization process.
- [25:11] What should pharma and life sciences companies look for when building their teams and the talent pool.
- Digital transformations usually start top-down with leadership and then progress to the rest of the functions. Getting the leadership to believe in it is not enough. It has to permeate the rest of the organization.
- Pharma and life sciences companies understand that digitization is inevitable and necessary, but they struggle to figure out how to do it effectively and with lasting effect.
- Most companies are solely focused on technology and miss out on other essential elements in digital transformation, such as the importance of people, evolution, talent, mindset, and culture.
Bharti Rai is an accomplished and versatile leader with 25 years of experience in healthcare and Big 4 management consulting. She has been at the forefront of strategy, business, and digital transformations to champion data-driven decision-making and customer-centricity with a dynamic and collaborative leadership style.
She joined Novartis in 2018. As the VP of Commercial Operations, Insights, Data, and Analytics, she led the vision and creation of the US function from the ground up and transformed it from a back-office function to a strategic one that helped with decision-making across the business.
Prior to Novartis, she held roles at Bayer Healthcare and Deloitte Consulting across processors engineering, digital health, commercial, operations, and data. She is recognized as an industry thought leader and is the recipient of numerous industry awards.
Bharti Rai on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/raibharti/
Axtria on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/axtria/