Keywords: Life Sciences, Life Sciences Industry, Axtria, Pharma, Leadership
As pharma reps’ roles evolve, one pattern is evident: the traditional reach and frequency-based approaches are no longer adequate for pharma selling. Join Axtria’s Vandana Singh as she explains how the pandemic has accelerated innovation in the pharma industry and why many more roles require increased coordination. Tune in as we talk about what the field rep of the future will look like, how pharma leadership needs to enable a field force of the future, and why organizations need to reevaluate their end-to-end field operations processes.
In This Episode, We Cover:
- [02:20] The traditional reach and frequency-based approaches used for pharma selling are no longer effective.
- [05:50] The pandemic has accelerated the speed with which innovation has occurred in the past year.
- [07:40] What the field rep of the future will look like, and how will the role change from what it is today.
- [11:30] What pharma leadership needs to do to enable a field force of the future.
- [14:10] Is the role of a field rep diminishing or becoming more powerful?
- The pharma commercial model is increasingly complex, with more roles requiring greater coordination.
- The industry is focusing more on customer experiences. Reps need to be master orchestrators in providing the right message to the right customer using the right channel at the right time.
- Working in silos is not enough. Instead, organizations must reevaluate their end-to-end field operations processes to enable the field force to work in these new ways.
Vandana has more than 20 years of experience in various strategy, operations, and analytical roles within the life sciences industry. Currently, she is a principal within the Commercial Excellence organization at Axtria. She leads the Integrated Resource Planning Center of Excellence (COE) with her strong passion for developing new analytical solutions that enable omnichannel customer engagements.
Vandana joined Axtria from Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS), where she held a variety of positions with increasing levels of responsibility. There, she led the insight generation and recommendations for a company’s rebranding during the BMS-Celgene integration. Prior to BMS, Vandana also worked at Sanofi-Aventis and ZS Associates in multiple field force effectiveness roles.
Click here to access our Axtria Insights resource library– your go-to for expert insights, industry perspectives, and modern business approaches.