Episode 3: The Evolution of Data Science and the Watershed Moment for the Life Sciences Industry
It is crucial for life science businesses to keep up with the fast changing technology in their space. Shikha Singhal, the Head of Data Science practice at Axtria joins us to discuss how the shift in technology is impacting life sciences and why data science is suddenly rising to the attention of so many people currently. She discusses the challenges that customers are facing and how companies should build the capabilities to handle the challenges. Tune in today to learn where companies are seeing the most immediate impacts and how to stay ahead of the curve.
In This Episode, We Cover:
- [3:13] Why are we talking about data science now? It’s been around for a while – what has changed?
- [6:04] What is the impact on life sciences due to the changes in technology?
- [8:36] What kind of challenges are customers facing as they try to adapt?
- [13:13] How should companies build the capabilities to handle the challenges?
- [19:46] Are there any specific applications of data science where customers are seeing immediate impact?
- [22:16] What are the innovations and unique approaches Shikha brings to her customers?
- With the recent advances in technology, data science has the potential to transform internal operations for scale and agility and revolutionize the way we identify and engage with customers, which in turn has a significant impact on business and patient outcomes.
- A large majority of these initiatives fail because of various reasons that are shared in the episode.
- It is critical that life sciences companies plan upfront and invest in the right partners and technologies but most importantly on the people and culture front.
Shikha Singhal on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shikha-singhal-ab66941/
Axtria on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/axtria/