Health Economics & Outcomes Research
With increasing pressure to control the rising cost of healthcare, there’s a greater need to demonstrate the value of health care treatments in addition to their efficacy. Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) plays an increasingly vital role in a drug’s approval and reimbursement with payers. HEOR analyses allow us to evaluate the economics of a given treatment and quantify the associated outcomes.
With valuable experience in innovative HEOR solutions, Axtria delivers:
- Innovative patient-level simulations
- Customized cost-effectiveness models
- Clinical trial simulations
- Burden of disease analyses
- Experience with real-world data
Innovative patient-level simulations: As treatment options become more complex, it is valuable to develop customized patient-level simulations. These simulations allow us to hone in on the value of treatments to different types of patients and analyze scenarios. These simulations can model:
- Complex treatment patterns
- Heterogeneous patient populations from real-world data or clinical trials
- Impact on clinical and economic outcomes
- Varying benefits across sub-populations
- Alternative treatment strategies
Customized cost-effectiveness models: Cost-effectiveness analyses are a critical part of a drug’s approval in Health Technology Assessments (HTAs) around the world as well as its adoption in the US. We develop customized cost-effectiveness models, which help ensure the treatment is available for patients for whom the treatment is cost-effective. These models are:
- Transparent for internal and external audiences
- Analytically rigorous
- Flexible to meeting changing client needs
- Adaptable for global stakeholders
Clinical trial simulations: Modeling clinical trials allows our clients to make informed decisions during trial design as well as prepare for questions that may be asked after a trial is read-out. With the high costs associated with clinical trials, clinical trial simulations provide a cost-effective means of performing analysis that complements the clinical trial itself.
- Make informed decisions during trial design
- Predict trial results
- Analyze sub-populations of patients and patients from real-world data
- Estimate continued benefits during off-label period
- Analyze scenarios with different treatment strategies
Burden of disease analyses: With the rising cost of healthcare, it’s important to quantify the cost, morbidity, mortality, and other hardships associated with diseases. Axtria helps clients by quantifying the burden of a disease, demonstrating the unmet need, and providing valuable insights for cost-effectiveness models
- Quantify the costs of a disease
- Measure the implications of uncontrolled disease
- Generate real-world evidence for cost-effectiveness analysis
- Demonstrate the value of treatment post-launch
- Analyze comparative effectiveness
Experience with real-world data: As a data analytics company, Axtria has extensive experience in managing and analyzing a wide variety of healthcare data. With the increasing availability of real-world data, Axtria helps clients by generating insightful real-world evidence (RWE) based on anonymized patient data.
- Anonymized patient-level data
- Claims and labs data
- Electronic health record (EHR) data
- Wearable data
- Social media data
Executive Insights And Perspectives On The Life Sciences Industry.
Implications From HEOR And RWE Models For Biopharmaceutical Commercial Analytics
The following blog is an expanded summary of proposed research accepted for delivery at the upcoming 22nd ISPOR Annual International Meeting, Research Poster Presentations – ...
The Relationship Between Drug Price Controls And Patient Health Outcomes
No long-term “solution” on drug pricing has emerged gaining broad consensus among public policy officials and politicians, patient advocacy groups, medical and health service r ...
Deploying K-Nearest Neighbor Modeling Methodologies For Real World Problems
There has been an immense improvement of theory and algorithms in recent times leading to enhancement in computation power. Also, online data availability was never easier than now ...