Episode 8: The Future of Analytics in Life Sciences and the Critical Role of Software
Kedar Naphade, Ph.D., leads Axtria’s Decision Science practice and brings over 20 years of analytics, consulting, and leadership experience. First, Kedar talks about the strategic challenges life sciences organizations face specific to patient care. Then, he delves deep into how organizations must leverage data and analytics in the future to compete as the roles of software, artificial intelligence (AI), and automation expand in the life sciences industry. Tune in as Kedar shares how he innovates for his customers as it relates to the future of analytics.
In This Episode, We Cover:
- [02:31] The strategic challenges life sciences organizations face specific to patient care.
- [11:28] Why life sciences leaders must prepare for future commercialization processes and the consequences if they don’t prepare.
- [18:55] The role of platforms as software, AI, and automation play increasingly important roles.
- [22:00] Kedar’s past innovations to his customers as they relate to the future of analytics.
- Companies face significant consequences if life sciences leadership neglects analytics as a strategic weapon.
- Productization is key. An organization’s ability to leverage software and AI will be critical in the future.
- Leaders must focus on three building blocks to enable digitization: inputting a data strategy, having the proper organizational structure and processes emphasizing the culture, and the right partners to enable best-in-class technology and analytics.
Kedar leads Axtria’s Decision Science practice and brings over 20 years of analytics, consulting, and leadership experience. As a strategic advisor to executive leadership, he has a stellar track record in building and running large global analytics teams and accelerating innovation by delivering analytics using software platforms.
Kedar has spent years building advanced analytics applications to solve strategic problems, including commercial strategy, omnichannel resource allocation, market access, the patient journey, and the supply chain. He has experience across global markets, including the top five countries in Europe, Japan, Turkey, and Canada.
Before joining Axtria, Kedar held leadership roles at Cognizant, marketRx, Bell Labs, and Lucent Technologies. He holds a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from IIT Mumbai and a Ph.D. in operations research from Lehigh University. Kedar is also an accomplished musician trained in Indian classical music.
- Kedar on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kedar-naphade-ph-d-a876a9/
Ready to hear more from life sciences leaders? Click here to access our Axtria Insights resource library– your go-to for expert insights, industry perspectives, and modern business approaches.